What are demographics?
Demographics are classifications that are commonly used by marketers and business owners. These types of classifications help marketers and business owners find their target market to see who is interested in their business. Customer demographics can be gathered through website signups, email lists, census data, analytics software, and customer insights.
Common customer demographic categories:
- Marital status
B2B, Business-To-Business demographic targeting
B2B markets have a more complex decision-making structure and can offer unique challenges when segmenting and targeting. 3 B2B targeting strategies below.
1. Create granular content assets
Get granular with your audience segments and improve engagement by testing specific content assets that appeal to each segment.
2. Build your top-of-funnel prospect list
Building top-of-funnel leads depends a great deal on creating eye-catching, engaging or even outside-the-box content.
3. Integrate remarketing & lead nurturing
Align lead nurturing and remarketing efforts for greater impact. The key to a successful lead nurturing program is understanding what content helps move prospects through the buying process. The goal is to align your remarketing list strategy with your lead nurturing program and build authority and recognition through consistent cross-channel messaging.
In the United States, about 85% of new product launches actually fail due to poor segmentation. In addition, email marketers have seen a 760% increase in revenue by creating segmented email campaigns.
How do you reach out to meet customers?
There are a variety of different ways to target audiences. Some key strategies to invest in to reach target audiences include using:
- Google Ads
- Google Analytics
- Direct Mail
- Facebook Ads
- LinkedIn keyword search
- Social Media
- Event tracking
- Other newer tech search methods such as voice search
When your target demographic has been found, it is essential to keep these steps in mind before making the next big decision for company.
- Identify and acknowledge your specific target audience
- Figure out what criteria you should to use to identify the audience you want to reach
- Identify what your current and prospective customers want from your business
- Research the best channels for you to use to communicate with your target audience
- Measure campaign results to determine success